Naomi S. Baron (Dept. of World Languages and Cultures)
Naomi Baron is Executive Director of the Center for Teaching, Research and Learning and Professor in the World Languages and Cultures Department. Her research interests include the impact of technology (e.g. mobile phones, texting, email) on language and communication.
Recent Citations for Naomi S. Baron (Dept. of World Languages and Cultures)
- “Whatever.”: A New Language Model?
- The Written Turn
- Why Email Looks Like Speech: Proofreading, Pedagogy, and Public Face
- Who Wants to be a Discipline?
- Who Sets Email Style?: Prescriptivism, Coping Strategies, and Democratizing Communication Access
- THREE WORDS ABOUT MOBILE PHONES: FINDINGS FROM SWEDEN, THE US, ITALY, JAPAN, AND KOREA
- Text, Talk, or View: The Role of Control, Culture, and Cost in Using ICTs 1
- Should Everyone Learn Anything?: The Question of Computer Literacy
- Redefining Reading: The Impact of Digital Communication Media
- Print or Onscreen: Better, Worse, or About the Same?